Since making his debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Nick Fury has been a key player in the hero department. From movies to television, Fury has cropped up multiple times to fight the good fight, and has worked alongside Captain Marvel, the Avengers, and S.H.I.E.L.D.
Each time he has featured on screen, Fury has been played by actor Samuel L. Jackson, in an ever-increasing number of appearances. But when and where did Nick Fury make his first appearance?
Nick Fury first appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe via the 2008 movie, Iron Man. Fury made a very brief cameo during the post-credit scene of the film, in order to speak to Tony Stark about the formation of the Avenger Initiative.
During this first appearance, Fury was only on screen for a few seconds, with little to no explanation of who he was. However, further details were revealed in his next appearance, which was Iron Man 2 (2010).
The character then re-appeared for brief roles in Thor (2011) and Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), before getting more screen time in The Avengers (2012). He then continued to crop up on screen in a couple of episodes of the television series, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, before reappearing in movies including Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
In 2019, Fury had a very significant and more expansive role in Captain Marvel, before making a brief appearance in Avengers: Endgame. The character also featured in Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019).
It was then back to television for small roles in multiple episodes of What If?, before appearing in the show, Secret Invasion. Fury then returned to the movies for The Marvels (2023).
List of Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury appearances
Want a list of all of Nick Fury’s MCU appearances? Sure you do!
Below is a list of every time Nick Fury has appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:
- Iron Man (2008) – Movie
- Iron Man 2 (2010) – Movie
- Thor (2011) – Movie
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) – Movie
- The Avengers (2012) – Movie
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Episode: 0-8-4 (2013) – TV show
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) – Movie
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – Episode: Beginning of the End (2014) – TV show
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) – Movie
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) – Movie
- Captain Marvel (2019) – Movie
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) – Movie
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) – Movie
- What If…? Episode: What if Captain Carter Were the First Avenger? (2021) – TV show
- What If…? Episode: What if The World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes? (2021) – TV show
- What If…? Episode: What if Thor Were an Only Child? (2021) – TV show
- What If…? Episode: What if The Watcher Broke His Oath? (2021) – TV show
- Secret Invasion (2022) – TV show
- The Marvels (2023) – Movie
Thank you for stopping by Don’t Tell Harry to read this post about Nick Fury. For more posts, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.