In this post I am taking a look at the current Internet Movie Database (IMDb) ratings for all of the Spider-Man movies, beginning with the first feature-length Spidey film, Spider-Man (1977) and running through Supaidāman, The Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Venom and many more.
I am going to see how well the Spidey films rank on IMDb, to see what general audiences view as the best Spidey films. On IMDb, every film is given a rating based on feedback from the website’s users, with the scores determined from both US and non-US voters.
Let’s take a look.
Spider-Man IMDb movie ratings
Below is a list of all the IMDb ratings for the Spider-Man movies. This list is accurate as of the day of publishing this post and along with a score out of 10, also includes the number of votes cast.
- Spider-Man (1977) – 6.3/10 (1,801 votes)
- Spider-Man Strikes Back (1978) – 5.4/10 (727 votes)
- Spider-Man (1978) – The Japanese film (Supaidāman) – 6.2/10 (321 votes)
- Spider-Man: The Dragon’s Challenge (1979) – 5.3/10 (610 votes)
- Spider-Man (2002) – 7.3/10 (651,789 votes)
- Spider-Man 2 (2004) – 7.3/10 (511,012 votes)
- Spider-Man 3 (2007) – 6.2/10 (470,531 votes)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) – 6.9/10 (534,249 votes)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload (2013) – 6.5/10 (983 votes)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) – 6.6/10 (395,796 votes)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled! (2015) – 6.3/10 (506 votes)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016) – 7.8/10 (606,024 votes)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) – 7.4/10 (457,543 votes)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018) – 8.5/10 (719,194 votes)
- Venom (2018) – 6.7/10 (votes 309,115)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) – 8.4/10 (269,820 votes)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) – 8.5/10 (587,816 votes)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) – 7.6/10 (219,692 votes)
High rating Spider-Man movies
As you can see from the list above, Spider-Man movies that rate high on IMDb include:
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Avengers: Endgame (2019)
All of these films have a rating of over 8/10. The lowest rating Spider-Man movies on IMDb include:
- Spider-Man Strikes Back (1978)
- Spider-Man: The Dragon’s Challenge (1979)
These movies rate below 6/10 and are not so popular amongst voters.
So, what do the IMDb ratings highlight? Well, many of the Spider-Man movies land within the 6/10 or 7/10 range. This suggests that many audiences believe the Spider-Man movies are of a fairly equal quality.
The films which rank higher on IMDb include some Marvel Cinematic Universe films which include Spider-Man (Avengers: Infinity War/Endgame), as well as the Oscar-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
Are the IMDb ratings accurate?
As with any voting system, ratings can and will change, with results in flux depending on a variety of different influences (trends, nostalgia, etc). To put it simply, the results will always come down to the whims of the public.
Some of the movies are also more well-known than others, which can also increase the chances of a movie getting a higher score. The film with the least votes on this list is the Japanese Spider-Man movie (or Supaidāman), which I would argue is likely to be the most obscure Spidey film amongst the list and therefore would naturally receive a lower score.
But do I agree with the ratings?
Yes, I would say this is a fair representation, as I believe the majority of the Spider-Man movies are on par with each other. Personally, I would rate the films that sit within Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy (2002-2007) slightly higher, but I believe the scores are fair.
The important thing to remember is that when it comes to Spider-Man movies everyone has a favourite, so feel free to rate the films as you find them. If you prefer Venom (2018) over Spider-Man 2 (2004), that is entirely up to you – just enjoy what you watch!
Thank you for stopping by Don’t Tell Harry – The Spider-Man movies blog. Should you be interested in reading more about the Spider-Man movie series, be sure to check out one of the recommended reads below.
- Seven essential tips for watching the Spider-Man movies
- What happened to The Amazing Spider-Man 3?
- Who is Venom in the Spider-Man movies?
One Response to Every Spider-Man movie rating on IMDb
I love Tom holland’s Spider-Man movies!!