In 2007, Spider-Man 3 swung into cinemas to become the first movie to feature the fan-favourite Marvel character, Venom. The comic book movie introduced audiences to Edward ‘Eddie’ Brock Jr. and his symbiotic alter-ego Venom, and became the starting point for Venom’s big screen career.
But how many Venom movies are there?
The Venom films in order
To date, there are six movies that feature Venom. The Venom movies – which were produced between 2007 and 2021 – include:
- Spider-Man 3 (2007)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload (2013)
- Venom (2018)
- Lego Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom (2019)
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)*
*Please note, Venom’s inclusion in Spider-Man: No Way Home is very minor. Eddie Brock/Venom appears briefly in a mid-credit scene.
Are all of the Venom movies part of the same series?
- Spider-Man 3 is the third part of Sam Raimi’s live-action Spider-Man trilogy (following 2002’s Spider-Man and 2004’s Spider-Man 2). Venom appears as one of the villains in the movie.
- Venom and Venom: Let There Be Carnage are part of the same series, and follow the story of Eddie Brock (played by Tom Hardy) as he transforms into the anti-hero, Venom. This version of Venom also appears very briefly in Spider-Man: No Way Home.
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload and Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom are animated short films, featuring a Lego version of Venom.
Who are the actors who play Venom?
Topher Grace played the role of Edward Brock Jr./Venom in Spider-Man 3, while Tom Hardy played Eddie Brock/Venom in Venom, Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Spider-Man: No Way Home. Ben Pronsky voiced Venom in Lego Marvel Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom.
Are the Venom films the work of the same director?
Venom appears in films overseen by multiple directors. Sam Raimi directed Spider-Man 3, while Ruben Fleischer directed Venom, and Andy Serkis directed Venom: Let There Be Carnage. Greg Richardson directed Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload, and Ken Cunningham and Andrew Duncan directed Lego Marvel Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom.
Is Venom a popular character with audiences?
Venom is a very popular character with audiences and is a big box office draw. Spider-Man 3 made $890,871,626 at the box office, while the first solo Venom film made $856,085,151, demonstrating the power the character has when it comes to movie appearances.
I hope this information about the Venom films has proved useful. Should you wish to know more about Venom or other films in the Spider-Man movie series, please check out one of the recommended reads below.